Trump to Jeff Sessions: "You're Fired"

This photo was me and my bestie at Halloween a few years ago.  "Wilma !!!!!"  I know the photo doesn't make much sense in relation to the title of this entry.  I chose it because I am trying to increase my self esteem by posing and posting for more photographs.  So, I have a hidden agenda even though it doesn't appear to make sense. 

I used to think Trump was a complete idiot.  Ok, I still think he is a complete idiot, but I am starting to give him credit for being politically astute. 

Why would he fire Jeff Sessions?  It makes no sense. Sessions was one of his few loyal soldiers. 

Well, there are two possible reasons.  The first is that it was a reactive move to the mid-term election.  Now, that the Democrats hold the power in the House of Congress, Mueller is more secure in his probe of Russia meddling in elections.  Trump realizes it and is angry that Sessions didn't shut down the probe months ago. 

The second reason that is was a reactive move to the mid-term election.  The Democrats have control of the House.  More women than ever have been elected to office and many firsts; first Native American women Congresspeople, and two Islamic women Congresspeople.  Lots of other significant firsts, including record voter turnout.  Lots of results to mull through today, taking the narrative away from Trump.  "Back to me", he says.  So, he does something outrageous just to get people to stop talking about anything other than what an idiot he is. 

I also noticed some political astuteness in his election rallies over the last two weeks.  He held rallies in races that the Republicans were likely to win.  So, when they win, he can take credit for putting the result over the edge.  In the races were the Republicans lost, he can say it was because he wasn't there campaigning. 

Regardless of if you do or don't think he is politically astute, I think we can all still agree that he is an idiot.  I also think we can all agree that record voter turnout is a positive thing.  I also think we can all agree that there are two fine looking women dressing up as Flinstones !! (How is that for self-esteem!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site