Reframing the Narrative and Finding Joy (Cobra Kai)

 

I think I reached the end of the internet in May.  We also reached the end of new releases in Netflix in June. Then, I found Cobra Kai.  I can not recommend it highly enough.  It is just pure joy.  Pure joy but I will forewarn you, there are moments when you have to see the forest for the trees. But, hang in there, you will find the joy and the life lessons.  

One of the uncomfortable moments is when Eli Moskowitz joins Cobra Kai. Eli has a scar on his lip and he is often bullied because of it.  He is bullied about it by the Sensei but the Sensei also gives him an important message.  If you don't like your narrative, you can change it. 

The next day, Eli comes back with one of the best mohawks that I have ever seen on a teenager.  Not only does his appearance change, his personality does as well.  He is never known as Eli again in the series, he is Hawk.  He changed the narrative. 

You absolutely have to watch this series.  Your life will be better for it.  Start seeing the forest for the trees. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site