Hoping I am Wrong.......

I voted in the advance poll.  I should say that I exercised one of my fundamental rights as a citizen by participating in the democratic process, but, no one says that anymore.  No one thinks that anymore.  I am not squinting, just looking in the sun.  I know that elections officials do the best they can to ensure that voting is done fairly and to prevent nefarious actions like the same person voting several times, etc.  They must anticipate so many "what ifs" but unfortunately, it is a little much and voting is not a pleasant experience.  Stand behind this line and you have to wait until the voter in front of you has finished and deposited their ballot.  Then, you are aware that someone is waiting for you so you feel rushed. It is nobody's fault.

My son was 8 months old when the first election of his life occurred.  That was 26 years ago. We took him with us when we voted in the Ontario election and took pictures of him in the booth with me and all of that.  I don't know if that precious moment could be duplicated today. 

It doesn't seem like people are talking about the election.  People seem to have moved on to the federal election. 

Elections Manitoba tweets out numbers of people voting in advance polls.  But, they don't give context.  Is 10,000 voters normal, a lot, less than usual?  I don't know. 

I predict record low turnout in this election.  I hope to be proven wrong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site