I Don't Fear Failure; I Fear Regret

Last June I had an idea and I kept it to myself for some reason.  Sort of inspired by Ace Burpee's 100 list at the end of each year and also inspired by Manitoba's upcoming 150th birthday in 2020.  Winnipeg has a lot of really interesting people and my friends are among them.  I thought wouldn't it be a great book to write a book about 366 Winnipeggers.  A Winnipegger for each day of the year. And, they would be featured on their birthday.  Sort of like an office calendar with a story about an ExtraOrdinary Winnipegger and what makes them tick. 

ExtraOrdinary people from Winnipeg 2020 edition.  My gift to Manitoba as celebration of our 150th birthday. 

As time marched on, I made preliminary preparations.  I prepared a release.  I wrote down my target 366 (hoping one was born on Feb 29).  I have made contact with a publisher.  I have got an audio voice recorder.  I got a new journal book.  And, time has marched on.  In June, it seemed doable.  As time has marched on, it seems overwhelming.  I would have to interview and write approximately 4 entries/day.  It seems impossible, but, I keep coming back to this idea.  At this point, I don't fear failure; I fear regret. 

I have some well known people that I want to feature because I find them interesting.  I always have met some people without a fixed postal code that I also find interesting. 

So, with a shout out to Bianca Andreescu for inspiration, today, I launch this project.  But, I can't do it without you.  If I ask you to be interviewed or tag you in this post, please let me interview you.  It is because I find you fascinating and I am sure others will as well.  Don't be modest.  Frankly, I don't have time for that.  Please help me live my dream.  Help me show Winnipeg some love. 

Also, if you are reading this, odds are pretty good that I find you fascinating.  Don't wait for me to contact you.  Contact me !!!

Let's do this thing !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site