Hoping This Gets To My MLA

Dear Mr. Scott Johnston:

Congratulations on your election as MLA for Assiniboia and your re-election as Member of the Legislative Assembly.  I am sure you are very excited to embark upon this challenge in this new riding for you.  You are now my elected representative in the government of Manitoba.  I know the first few weeks will be busy for you as you find office space within our riding.  Since you have already been in the legislature for the last 3 1/2 years, I expect it to be an easy process for you.  What may be a challenge is getting to know the constituents in our riding and what are our priorities. 

Unfortunately, the minimal campaign information that I received didn't let me get to know you very well or what we can expect from you as an MLA.  I am sure you campaigned in our riding but I didn't get the opportunity to meet you. 

I note that you have very little social media presence which makes you a little unaccessible to your new contituents.  I would have contacted you through facebook but unfortunately, you have not accepted my friend request which I sent when the writ was dropped.  If this entry does not reach you, I will still keep trying to get in touch with you. 

I am going to suggest that you have a public forum in the month of September.  I am sure there are local coffee shops that would accommodate you.  This would give us a chance to get to know you would be able to hear from constituents the issues that are most important to us. 

I welcome the opportunity to hear back from you. 

Respectfully;

Shelley Ireland,
Social Justice Warrior

Comments

  1. Nicely said! It would be nice to send it to him ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site