Roll up the Rim.......A scam?


I grew up in a small town and I can remember two winners of Lotto 649.  They both won $1 Million.  I understand the prizes are much bigger now.

Yesterday, I read a news article that suggested that Roll Up The Rim is a scam.  It was based on the fact that no one actually knows anyone who has won more than a donut.  Tim's had responded that it is not a scam and listed the odds for winning.  It was about 1 in 8 million to win an ordinary car.  They also suggested your odds of winning something (free coffee, etc) are 1 in 6.  The article had hired people to randomly go into a Tim's location and buy 6 coffees.   Apparently, out of 36 cups bought, they only won one free coffee.  This article suggested that they use RRRoll up the RRRRim as a marketing ploy to gather more traffic.  

Shocking?  Not at all.  But, I have already ranted about Tim's already.  To save time.........

https://spitfiretakesontheworld.blogspot.ca/2018/01/why-we-think-tims-are-bullies.html


https://spitfiretakesontheworld.blogspot.ca/2018/01/no-tims-tuesday.html


https://spitfiretakesontheworld.blogspot.ca/2018/01/every-cup-tells-story.html


And my latest problem with their marketing.  They currently have an ad saying morning breakfast sandwiches are 2 for $5.  They say you only have two decisions to make in the morning.  Bacon or Sausage?  English Muffin or Biscuit?  Drive-Thru or Dine-In?   My math tells me that is three decisions.  Why do we keep patronizing an establishment that has little respect for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site