Family Values

World Financial Group has a commercial with Jennifer Jones and Brent Laing and their two children talking about family values and how she is living her dream as an "elite athlete and as a mother of two" with the support of WFG.
I cringe every time I see that commercial. The issue I have is that Brent has a child from a previous relationship. I don't know about World Financial Group but my family values are that when you publicly marry someone who has a child, you are also choosing to accept responsibility for that child. So Jennifer, I believe you are an "elite athlete and a mother of three.3⃣".
I feel for the child who has to grow up watching the father and step-mother posee over and over again with their "perfect family" in which one childs existence is denied. I can assure you that this is not consistent with my family values. However, somehow I feel this child has grown accustomed to heartbreak.
World Financial Group is free to choose to have whomever they want as their spokesperson. I am free to think this is a poor choice and invite others to copy and share. Shame on the Curling Federation for having this organization sponsor events. I grew up loving curling because it was the ultimate game for sportsmanship. True curling fans cheer for good shots regardless of who makes it and a curling fan would never cheer a miss. Not having enough love in your heart for your husband's child is NOT a "curling family value."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site