Insider Travel Tips


I just watched a talk show in which a travel "expert" gave exclusive insider tips on how to travel successfully. Who wouldn't be interested in that?  Inside scoops are the best !

Tip #1.  Something to do with packing.  I think it was something to the effect of pack less than you are planning.

Tip #2.  Brush your teeth after a flight in the airport washroom.   You will feel instantly refreshed.

Tip #3.  Be kind to people providing you service such as flight personnel, etc.

The travel expert went on to explain tip 3 by indicating that you never know when you might want something such as a blanket or a pillow and staff will be more likely to accommodate your requests if you have been nice to them.

I don't know if this was so much as an "insider tip" as it was something my mother told me every day of my life.  Say please and thank you.   Use your manners.   Treat everyone like you would want to be treated.

Now, it is an "insider tip".   How have we as a society strayed so far away from common sense?   Someone, preferably an expert, has to tell us to be descent human beings.  People don't know that?

Personally, I thought this was going to turn out to be a comedy sketch.   I know I wouldn't be able to go on tv and tell people to use basic etiquette and still have a straight face.   The ridiculousness of them is beyond absurd.   And, to make it worse, the only reason to be nice is because we might want something in return.   We live in a society that expects something for basic common courtesy.

I guess that really is the problem.  Common sense is not common practice.

#commonsenserevolution
#makecommonsensecommonpractice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site