Proud Ukrainian



Random musing, interesting to no one but me. Found my grandfather's original Certificate of Naturalization. His last name was Repski. On one side of the certificate, they spell it "Rebski" and on the other side, they spell it "Ripski". My grand-father was a proud Ukrainian, They list twice on the form that he was Austrian. But, they list his place on birth as Vielkiowce, Galicia. I remember him telling me he was born in Vielksomething. This is in Poland but very close to the Ukraine. Quite far away from Austrian. So, I could be Austrian, or Polish, or Ukrainian. In these days of self-determination, I think I am going to choose to identify myself as Ukrainian !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site