The Big Move

I have always been a Survivor fan.  It is one of my guilty pleasures.  The game that encourages you to outwit, outlast, out play.  It has survived the test of time.  This spring will be 38th season.  I know as much Survivor Trivia as anyone. 

When it first started, I wanted to be on Survivor.  Canadians were not allowed to submit audition tapes.  Now, sadly, it is too late in my life.  I remember at a very difficult time in my life, I found a chat room.  Since I was not leaving the walls of my home, this chat room was my life line.  I remember random people telling me I would be good on Survivor.  I suppose saying that makes me narcissistic and I know my blog is an example of badly-written self-serving drivel.  I watch every season thinking of how I would play the game.  I think anyone who has survived a lot is naturally attracted to this game. 

Last night as I watched, I kept hearing about big moves.  Big moves are essential to the game of Survivor.  I can not be on Survivor but that does not mean that I can not make a big move. 

I am inspired by one of my high school friends.  She is making a big move by moving from BC to Halifax.  Just following her heart, and no, not for a man.  She is just wanting to make a big move. 

My partner and I began talking.  Maybe it is time for us to make a big move.  Maybe it is time to make a fresh start somewhere else where we can live with more independence.  The more we talked, the more excited we became.  I have always had a love affair with Halifax, the history, the water and so much more.  Halifax is definitely an option.  But, moving that far away from my grandson makes any move East not attractive. 

It might be time to move to BC.  The housing bubble is bursting and there is something about BC.  Super, Natural.  More likely is the community of St. Albert.  To be honest, we have already made some contacts with a realtor.  The economy in Alberta is not great, but this may lead to opportunities.  Even though it is really a suburb of Edmonton, it falls like a big small town. 

Time for us to believe in ourselves and make a big move.   And, to be honest, it feels like it is necessary in order for our survival. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site