Tim's Keeps Troubling


Well, I haven't ranted about Tim's yet this month, and things get busy during the holidays, so I better get to it before time gets the better about me. 

First of all, the ailing company tried to develop new lids that don't spill as much.  Instead of using domed lids like every other coffee company with common sense, Tim's chose to basically use the same lid with a maple leaf design on it.  What a waste of time on their part.  The new lids apparently leak just as much if not more.  Plus, they are basically depending on their employees to put the lid on properly so that it doesn't spill or leak.  These are the same employees that they treat poorly, ie cutting their breaks, hours, benefits, etc.  The same employees that they fired one for giving a toddler a free Timbit.  I'm sure those employees are going to go the extra mile to make sure the lid is on perfectly.  They are still trying to manipulate the Canadian consumers to think that this is a Canadian company.  It isn't and hasn't been for years.  Yet, they still think we are dumb enough to be fooled by putting a maple leaf on the lid. 

Also, someone gave me a Tim's card as a thank-you for something nice I did for someone.  Not the best gift for me and I was anxious to give it away.  I offered it to two people.  Both people politely declined.  They expressed that Tim's was a horrible company and they didn't patronize.  I was so proud. 

Finally, Christmas isn't a happy time of year for everyone and I am one of those people.  I struggle most of December so I tend to be more sedentary and watch more television. I have seen the commercial about the little boy who takes the $20 from his grandfather and uses it to buy the coffee for the woman behind him in the drive-thru.  This, according to the commercial, is a #Tim'sTrueStory.  How embarrassing for the company and for the mother.  Nothing for any of them to be proud.  I don't know whether to be frustrated or sad when I watch this commercial.  First of all, really, this is the best example of a #Tim'sTrueStory.  A boy who thinks that buying a complete stranger a cup of overpriced and tasteless cup of coffee is a shining example of sharing holiday kindness.  What kind of message are we sending to our children where they think it is kindness to reward someone who is idling their car for twenty minutes in a Tim Horton's drive-thru.  Just the environmental damage alone is not something that deserves kindness.  If the child wanted to demonstrate kindness during the holiday season, I'm sure the mother could have guided him to many other opportunities.  Like, for example, providing a hot cup of coffee to someone who was actually out in the cold and could not afford one. 

Tim's, keep up the good work.  You are doing your best to run the company into the ground, making my job so much easier.  However, if you are hiring in your marketing department, let me know where I can send my resume.  Obviously, you will hire any idiot. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site