First Day of Fall

 

It is the first day of fall.  I know some love the fall as their favourite season.  They love the colours and the cooler weather.  I have never liked fall or spring.  I guess I am more of an all or nothing kind of gal.  

The think mostly what I haven't liked fall is the connotations it brings.  "Fall from grace" is negative.  A "fall" is usually going to result in some injuries and if you elderly, it might be fatal.  So, I seem to wake up every first day of fall feeling heavy.  Before the day has even prevented itself, I already have judged it negatively.  

Today, fall is really pissing me off.  I have been all psyched to have a terrible day and the weather is making it very hard to be miserable.  

But, as it often does, the universe has a way of speaking to me.  Next year, Fall of 2021 will be a celebration.  It will serve to me an example that good things can happen in all seasons.  

The Bruce Oake Recovery Centre represents so many good things.  I know how hard it will be for those entering the doors for treatment.  I also know how hard it will be when they leave the doors after treatment.  Generally speaking, I am inspired so much from those willing to go on that journey.  Bruce Oake Recovery Centre will be a "difference maker" in so many lives and so many families.  I may not know a single person who receives services there but I am hoping that one of those difference makers passes it on to someone else and then to someone else and then a few handshakes later, they have made a difference in my life.  

So, I am still going to sulk a little this fall.  After all, it is 2020 and there is a lot to sulk about.  But, I am going to sulk a little more this fall because I know that next year, I won't be sulking.  I will change the narrative on fall.  It won't be the time when all the nights get longer, it will be the time that the Bruce Oake Recovery Centre opened and good things happened.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site