Pence Pensive? Barrett, Grinning and Baring It?

 

After watching Vice-President Pence over the last four years, I have googled him many times as he is quite forgettable and I keep having to refresh myself on details about him.  I don't particularly like him, however, I have concluded that he is a man of great faith.  He actually walks the walks. I have to wonder what he actually thinks about Trump. How does he reconcile his high moral code with Trump?  How does he deal internally with a new book coming out almost daily "telling all" about Trump?  How can he honestly think that his country is not in trouble after watching whatever last night was.  What does Pence actually think?  

I watched Amy Coney Barrett starting her meetings with Republican Senators yesterday.  She looked horrified. She knows what is coming. She will be confirmed but she will always have a foot note attached to her for the rest of her life. I believe that her nomination to the Supreme Court is certainly the honour of her lifetime.  But, she will always be known as the Justice that Trump rammed down people's throat.  She will always be tied to that "performance" by Trump and be part of this time in history when the country was not able to peacefully disagree on ideas without losing affection. How can she actually want to be part of this.  I remember watching Kavanaugh at the press event when he was first nominated.  Frankly, he seemed outstanding.  It wasn't the allegation that made him a national disgrace, it was his handling of it. He made himself fodder for Matt Damon on Saturday Night Live.  The reality is that he has no credibility on the Supreme Court.  He never will.  And, it is going to be the same for Barrett.  She must know it.  

I don't understand how they can "serve at the request of the President" and not speak up.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site