I Don't Know What to Say...

 

I didn't blog last week because I was busy working on another project.  I have to be honest, my blog is important to my mental health.  It keeps me having intellectual curiosity and it helps me make sense of my world.  I have a book that I carry around that I write down blog ideas.  This past week, I wrote down 9 items for blogs this week.  But, so far, I have nothing to say.  And, it is not that there is nothing to say.  Last time I checked, there is still something wrong in the state of Denmark.  

It is just a feeling of depletion.  When I was in high school, my best friend and I used to disagree on everything.  We had divergent views on two issues and we used to disagree.  I am not saying this ever happened, but if we were able to consume alcohol (we were underage), our disagreements would become more heated but we were still best friends. One would have thought that if we consumed alcohol while underage, we would have had better things to do than have the same arguments with each other, but, apparently we did not.  The same thing happened in University. One of the great joys was watching an Ingmar Bergman movie and then going out for coffee with four divergent viewpoints.  

Somehow, we have lost the ability to disagree.  2020 seems to have polarized us even more.  I was watching 60 minutes last night interview Gen. McMaster who was one of many National Security Advisors under Trump. He was speaking on the polarization of America.  He suggested we start by talking about the ties that bind rather than what takes us apart.  He used climate change as an example saying, we can all agree that climate change is real, and we can all agree that it is man-made, so what is one thing we can all agree on to move forward.  Of course, the interviewer reminded him that Trump thinks climate change in a hoax.  

It is hard not to be deeply saddened by the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  27 years as a Justice on the Supreme Court.  A champion of all groups that needed a champion. In her last year, she started radiation and still worked 12 hours at age 87.  What an inspiration.  Her love story as well.  Her husband, Marty, is credited with much of her success by Ruth herself.  He was one of the finest tax attorneys in the country.  Yet, in the 50s, he was doing all he could to support and encourage her.  Not only was she a trail blazer, he was as well, allowing his wife to shine.  

I am also depleted that I think whatever happens on November 3, a civil war is almost inevitable.  Quite frankly, when I listen to the current POTUS, I am depleted because he can't seem to form a sentence.  

I see Canada becoming more divisive as well.  October will mark most of the end of financial assistance to those affected by the pandemic.  I wonder what this will mean.  

Cases are rising.  School is in session.  It is hard not to sigh deeply.  It also feels that much of our hard work and sacrifice in March and April was for naught.  

So, I am just depleted.  Nothing to see here.  You can move on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site