Latest Tim's Rant

I refer to Tim Horton's as the Evil Empire.  I used to blog about this almost weekly.  I got tired of the negative energy so I have stopped.  Also, the rest of the consumer world has woken up to this corporation that is now owned in the Caribbean yet still tries to claim they are Canadian. Sales keep slumping.  It helps that their products are void of taste. 

Regardless, I can't overlook one of their latest commercials. 

They are advertising their breakfast sandwiches.  A couple are eating these sandwiches in their kitchen.  (Believe it or not, that is not the most shocking aspect of the commercial.)  They toast their neighbour with these sandwiches while their neighbour is shoveling their sidewalk.  It is described as a "win" for the couple. 

I think this is one of the most tone deaf commercials ever.  Snow shoveling is hard work and if your neighbour is kind enough to do your sidewalk, you should pay it forward and do something nice for them in return.  You don't sit in your warm home eating breakfast.  And, if you can get out, you don't go buy something for yourself, you bring your neighbour hot chocolate and a donut.  (Not from Tim's, of course, I recommend O Donuts.) 

When I first saw this commercial, my first reaction was to be inspired by Samantha Bee speaking of Ivanka Trump.  I wanted to call the woman a feckless consumer. 

Be kind to your neighbours.  Be kind to your self.  Stay away from the Evil Empire. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site