Loose Hairs from #STOH2020

1.  The victory of Kerri Einarson and her team of Val, Shannon, and Brianne was amazing.  Very deserved champions and they clearly won as a team in their sophmore year.  The win, and the opportunity to wear the Maple Leaf for a year, will be team-changing.  They also earned their spot at the next Olympic Trials. 

2.  I haven't been a big fan of Bryan Mudryk.  In my opinion, he just tries too hard.  However, in my opinion, when he interviewed Kerri moments after her win he crossed a line.  Kerri was still highly emotional and was trying to gain her composure when he asked her about her dead brother.  That's below the belt.  Yes, she endured a tragedy as most of us have.  It was five years ago and she clearly lists her priorities as a mother, a wife, and a curler.  Of course, she misses her brother.  My sister passed 10 years ago and I still miss her.  By bringing this up in her post-victory interview was tasteless and designed to elicit a cheap emotional response.  Cheap shot by an irrelevant reporter and analyst. 

3.  It is wonderful that Curling Canada has made the Women's Championship's purse equal to the male championship's.  That was probably mentioned once every broadcast.  It was something that Curling Canada is particularly proud of, however, this is 2020.  It probably should have happened over a decade ago. 

4.  While watching curling, I like to play a drinking game.  Every time a particular phrase is mentioned, I take a drink.  When Nova Scotia was playing, I took a drink every time it was mentioned that the lead, Emma Logan, was legally deaf.  Don't get me wrong, I think it was wonderful that Mary Anne's niece was playing with a disability, however, everything that I have read about Emma shows that she would rather be talked about for her accomplishments on the ice rather than her barrier, which is not a barrier for her.  She has done amazing things.  Playing in the Scotties is just one. 

5.  Anytime I was watching Team Einarson play, I got really intoxicated.  My drinking phrase for those games was that Team Einarson was a team comprised of four skips.  Really.  We need to get over this.  They are a team of four curlers, a great coach, and a great alternate.  Time to move on. 

6.  Did you notice that Jennifer Jones tried to hug Rachel Homan after Ontario's victory in the 2/3 game.  Did you notice that Rachel seemed to blow her up?   I wonder what's up with that. 

7.  Free advice from me to anyone who needs to hear this.  I was a blonde blonde for about 10 years.  It is high maintenance and it fried my hair and made it look like hay.  I had a hard time letting go of the blonde hair, but, I finally did.  My hair is healthier and looks better.  Just saying....Even a tone or two darker will help preserve your hair. 

8.  For the most part, all teams seemed to be having fun out there and were proudly representing their province, territory, or country.  Well done, curlers. 

9.  After a game, whether they win or lose, the players sign autographs and talk to the fans.  Why don't Vic, Cheryl, and Russ do the same?  I have attended several big events and have wanted my selfie with them.  Never was able to gain access. 

10.  Prince George, BC is a community with many social problems on view.  It is wonderful that this community with get extra support for hosting a World Championship. Let's hope it inspires the curlers to be strong role models for healthy life styles. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site