Being Positive and Grateful

I am putting politics aside during this extraordinary time.  I wish others would as well and stop commenting along their own political alignments.  This is a hard time for our political leaders as well as we need to remember they are human and we have to believe they are doing their best in our best interest. 

My Counselor Scott Gillingham is working from home.  He is hard-working and compassionate. Thank you for your work on our behalf.  I don't know what our Mayor is doing and that is probably a good thing.  I have been disappointed in many of his actions since re-election.  However, I have been particularly impressed with Kevin Klein.  I will better about our city knowing he is there to provide checks and balances and oversight.

Provincially, Premier Pallister is doing the best job he can and the app that links helpers to those needing help is fantastic.  There are lots of little things doing go in our province.  Very proud.  I think the Oppositions need to get on board a little more.  Our efforts are working and Manitoba is very much flattening the curve.  It is tough on everyone but our efforts are working on it.  We will be able to come out of this quicker and I look forward to the fight to save Dauphin Jail continuing !!  My local MLA is doing what he does best, nothing, and I am also grateful for that. 

Federally, our Prime Minister is doing a great job with his daily briefings from his cottage.  He sounds like a Statesman and it sounds like the assistance bill will be passed in a couple of hours.  My MP, Marty Morantz, is also passionately working for his constituents.  He is one of a few stars of the Conservative Party right now and he should be the one holding press conferences on behalf of the Conservative party and I hope it leads a teleconference of his caucus where he asserts how Andrew Scheer should no longer be speaking for the party. 

Additionally, also proud of the incredible leadership of our Olympians and Paralympians leading the way to make the decision to postphone the Olympics for a year. 

Ok, maybe not totally positive but let's face it, it is hard to be completely positive and that may not be a bad thing.  We need to be hopeful but realistic.  There is danger in looking at the world through rose-coloured glasses. 

Peace out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site