Small Things Why I Love Him

Look at that guy smiling away.  How can you not love him?   I love him so very much, but, it is so much because of the little things. 

He has changed immensely since we have been together.  Everyone will tell you that you can't change a man.  And, that is true.  He has changed all by himself and he keeps changing and evolving. 

A great example was last night.  I took him out for dinner to celebrate his birthday.  A decade ago, when we first got together, he had a very bland palate.  In fact, he only ate three different foods: milk, cheese, and bread.  Three meals a day.  Not very adventurous at all. 

Last night, the waiter listed the specials and there was a steak covered with seafood and a fennel and caramelized onion jam and some other things that I wasn't listening.  To my surprise, he ordered it. He gave me a taste and it was an explosion of flavour. 

The waiter came by and asked how the meal were, and my guy said, "Incredible".  The waiter was very happy and said "thank you, this makes my job worth it, sometimes I feel guilty about charging people $40 steaks, but just that one word makes it worth while.  I will be passing on this feedback to the corporate office."  They chatted for a few minutes.

I confess I wanted to cry.  There was my man smiling and saying the word, "incredible".  He has a great blog called strugglingtosmile.blogspot.com where he chronicles his journey with depression and anxiety.  He says that he never used to smile.  Now, he can't stop. 

He has actually made a friend downtown with a gentleman without an address.  The friendship started when they would pass each other on the street when the gentleman would refer to my man as "sunshine". 

One of the small reasons why I love him.  Not big things but they represent a significant shift in him.  He needs to rename his blog  Strugglingtosmilenomore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site