Let them eat cake!

It is the old bait and switch.  Show an adorable picture of my grandson eating cake and talk about something else.  Atleast, today it is not about the evil empire.  But, the evil empire in the US called the US Administration. 

We are into day (I don't even know what ) close to day 40 anyway.  Longest partial shutdown in history.  People working and not getting paid.  People having trouble getting to work because they don't have the funds to do so. 

I am certainly not an economist but the economy is losing billions as a result.  If it hasn't already, it will be affecting all Americans, and trickling to the rest of the world.  The security agencies are saying that they can not protect the US borders, wall or no wall.  Meanwhile, we are distracted by temper tantrums from the orange maggot and Nancy P over State of the Union Speech.  That has been resolved.  Victory for the democrats?  Not really. 

"Shutdown" has become one of those words that we hear so much that it has no emotional impact on us. 

I was expecting a very funny episode of SNL last week.  I thought I would laugh till I cried on Weekend Update.  Saldy, no.  Even the talents Colin Jost and Michael Che couldn't make it funny.  It is sickening. 

Meanwhile, some hack named Roger Stone was arrested due to Muller investigation.  Apparently, he has been working on Republican campaigns since Nixon and has a tattoo of Nixon on his back.  The question is not if he is guilty, it is how he has been free so long? 

The most powerful moment of the shut down for me was on Christmas Eve.  The lights of the White House Christmas Treee were dark as a result.  I don't know why.  Yet, there was a light on in the West Wing.  My phone buzzed at 10:35 pm, which would be 11:35 pm Eastern Time.  Trump tweeted that he just signed a deal with a contractor for them to build 115 miles of the wall.  This supposed Christian was acting very Christian like on the eve of Christ's birthday.  He should have been doing other things.

I used to think Melania was our last hope as the path to get rid of him.  That doesn't seem to be working out.  Perhaps, he needs to get back to basics.  He is acting like a 2 year old.  Perhaps he needs to eat cake.  It sure makes my grandson happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site