Celebrating 24000

I wish I was announcing my 24000 blood donation, but, alas, I am announcing 24,000 views on my blog. 

I really love my blog and I love that I live in a free country in which I enjoy free speech.  I love that my friends can read it and disagree with me and we can have a discussion about it, and sometimes, I admit that I am wrong.  (But, not on my blog, though, I'm not that magnanimous.)  My blog also provides me structure and keeps my eye on the media and to keep me a relevant social justice warrior.

Even though I love my blog but I do have plans for its future direction.  Hopefully, the future of my blog will be revealed this fall.

In the meantime, I cherish each and everyone of you that reads and likes my blog.

I especially cherish my wonderful sweetie who is my most enthusiastic supporter.  Just last week, he told me that he rarely sees a line-up at Tim Horton's drive-thrus and he attributes that to my blog which has had more than a few tirades against Tim Horton's.  I can't imagine that my blog has had any influence on this whatsoever, but it is true love that my sweetie believes it does.

I also was very sad that a good friend of mine just mentioned a week or so ago that he just found out that Tim Horton's was not a Canadian-owned company.  That means my good friend is not such a good friend since he can't find a moment to read my blog.

Not that I care if you read my blog or not.  I really don't.  My daughter only reads my blog when she seriously can't sleep and needs to be bored to tears.  However, that is ok because she always reads the blog of my sweetie.  And, I think she reads it more than she admits because she does admit showing some entries to her father-in-law.  Somehow he got the assumption that I wasn't very fun, I don't know how that happened since I considered my blog to have a definite whimsical side.  My son admits that he knows that I have a blog so I think that is a bonus.  My son is a deep thinker and he is very much a student of human kind.  I am very happy about this so I know he supports my blog in spirit.  I love reading my blog to my grandson, even though he prefers Paw Patrol.

My best friend admits she would like to read my blog but there is just too many entries.  I get it.  Everyone now and then, she is overwhelmed with guilt and will read a few entries and I will get a text at 3 am telling me that my blog is really interesting.  I really can't ask for more than that.

I have another close friend who reads my blog, but saves it up and reads it when she needs a break at work to do something completely mindless so she will read my blog.  Apparently, she has spilled her coffee twice while reading my blog.  Once while laughing and once being shocked.  How much more success could I possibly want?

Every now and then, I offend someone and they call me up.  With our discussion, I realize they have only read a sentence here and a sentence there and we actually have the same point of view.

However, I do have to thank Donald Trump.  Without him, I would have much less to talk about.  I don't blog about him so much because he keeps sticking his foot in his big mouth.  I really do blog about him because I truly believe he is the greatest threat to social justice since the 1960s.  The man is dangerous and we, the people of the world, need to keep talking about him and use whatever we have to try and keep our social justice.  The pen is mightier than the sword.  My blog is my contribution to this.  If you read my blog, your contribution is to keep the conversation going.

Thanks and cheers to the next 24,000 !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site