Witch Hunt and Spoiled Canadians


Yesterday, Trump tweeted a two word tweet.  I think many of us have done something like that on social media.  Sometimes our pocket dials the last person we want to talk to.  Sometimes we press enter when we meant to start a new paragraph.  Sometimes we are excited and press done before we mean to.  Sometimes, and I have heard this can happen, we can be sitting on the toilet texting and somehow when we get up and flush, somehow our text got sent.

One thing that I have observed about Trump is that he lives by the philosophy of why use 10 words when you can use 1000.  I am sure Twitter doubled its character count per tweet specifically because of Trump.  It is an old legal trick.  You use as many words as possible in hopes that people won't read it and just sign on anyway.  Have you ever read your user agreement in full when you have downloaded a new app?  Me neither.  At the moment that it happens, I have no desire to read pages and pages when I am just trying to get a new Mindfulness practice.

So, when he tweeted two words.  I expected further clarification and tweets of what he meant.  It didn't come.  He really meant to tweet two words.

Witch Hunt.

Well, I don't really know what this means?   Is he ordering us to go on a witch hunt?  Or does he think that he is the subject of a witch hunt?   I admit that it prompted me to look this up.  I had assumed it was typical Trump not knowing what he is talking about because isn't a male witch a warlock?  Well, it turns out that I was wrong and the term witch is gender neutral.  So, what could he be referring to?  The Mueller Investigation?  Well, this has been going on for over a year so it can't be that.  Mind you, it is Trump and is slower at achieving independent thought than most.  I don't know.

All I know is that Melania should be assigning a staff member to printing out these tweets.  That might be valuable evidence down the road when she inevitably will have to declare him incompetent.


Then, later in the afternoon, he cites that it may not be possible to renegotiate NAFTA because the Canadians are difficult to deal with and are spoiled.

Well, I don't think I can check the facts on this one since I haven't been party to the negotiations.  But, then again, either has Trump.

He basically has stated he wanted this agreement to be ripped up many times, much sooner than the negotiations actually started.  He said many times it is doomed for failure.  But, now, it is the Canadians who are difficult.

Let's examine our history.  Yes, Canadians have historically been difficult to deal with.  Yes, that is why our Governments have apologized and done reparations for historical wrongs.  Because we want everyone to move forward together positively.  We just spent an unconscionable amount of money building a road to our northern most community because we wanted to be from sea to sea to sea to actually mean something.  We want to unite.  That really sounds like Canadians are spoiled.

Forget history.  Let's look at these specific negotiations.  First of all, it is my understanding that when Rex Tillerson was Secretary of State that an agreement was very close.   Both Canadians and Mexicans praised Tillerson.  And, then, he was fired by Trump.  I'm sure that is just a coincidence.

Again, I don't know anything about the negotiations but I have gotten to know Chrystia Freeland, the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs.  Now, while I haven't met her in person, I feel she is fairly transparent so I feel I have a sense of her.  Could she be the one who is difficult to deal w ith?

Well, first of all, if you look at her official web page, you see her signing the Oath making her a Minister in the Canadian government at the Governor General's residence.  It is not just her signing the Oath, she is signing with her husband and three children.  Her husband is beaming and her two younger children are practically draped upon her.  Her older child has her arm around her mama and looks she is about 12 years old.  That daughter has atleast two colours in her hair.  This picture speaks volumes to be.  She is grounded by family and they are the most important to her.  Secondly, she realizes she could not achieve this success without the support of her family.  Thirdly, any mother that allows her pre-teen daughter to have multi-coloured hair is not difficult to deal with.

I have watched her do several interviews and scrums.  This woman is very intelligent and thoughtful and polite.  It doesn't look like she has to throw a temper tantrum in order to be heard.  Her power is in her intelligence so she doesn't need to compensate with something childish like, oh, I don't know, malicious tweets every ten minutes.

And, I look at Minister Freeland through a women's lens.  I am sorry Minister Freeland, because I really am a fan, but you wear the frumpiest dresses I have ever seen.  You are a beautiful woman but your wardrobe allows you to blend in to any personal care home.  Anyone who is representing our country and wears those clothes is not spoiled.

And, she is short.  Any other short woman participating in these negotiations would be wearing stilettos.  But, she wears these plain black pumps with a two inch heel.  Actually, the same simple pump that the Queen wears.  The same simple pump that you can buy at Walmart.  Trust me, this woman is not spoiled.

Sorry, Trump.  Again, the cheese stands alone.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site