Ist Anniversary

Today is the first Anniversary of the Mueller Investigation.

Really, it has only been a year.  It seems like it has been going on forever.  It also seems like it has no end in sight.

What has been the most shocking thing that the investigation has revealed?  Well, for me, it is just Rudy Giuliani is a fame whore.  He quit his law firm to be Donald Trump's personal lawyer full-time.  He is making the most of his second act appearing on Fox News every day.  He doesn't appear on other networks because he might have to answer an unrehearsed commercial.

For others, the more shocking revelation is this $130,000  payout to Stormy Daniels.

Back to me.  I didn't think the investigation was really supposed to be about that?   But, then, there is the real question.  What actually was the investigation about?  I don't even know anymore. 

And, at the end, what is going to come of it?  I am guessing a 2598 page report that will actually contain 2 sentences which will make the news.  And, it will be news for a few days and then it will be dust on a shelf somewhere and very few shelves.

Meanwhile, I can not even imagine the actual cost of this investigation.  Salaries, office supplies, use of CIA and FBI resources to raid offices and other places, etc, etc, etc.

I can think of one funny thing that has emerged.  There are actual fake news sites all over the internet.  They are actually identifying themselves as providing fake news.  Yet, I heard someone in the media (who should know better) referring to one of these news items as actual news.  You mean the title site being www.fakenews.com wasn't a clue?

I saw one estimate that the Mueller Investigation is costing the American people $100,000/day.  Don't quote me.  I actually made that up.  But, whatever it costs, it is a lot.

Meanwhile, America actually has social problems which could benefit immensely from an infusion of money.  There are children living in poverty not knowing where there next meal is going to come from.  Children are going to school hungry of without an avenue to participate fully in their academics from lack of school supplies  or children don't have role models or places to participate in extra-curricular activities.  Not to mention gun control.

I think it is time for America to radically accept that Trump is President.  We can't change for a couple of years.  He is not going to make America great again simply because his America only includes about 1000 people.  But, we can use this time to plan and establish priorities.  I know I am not American but where America goes so does the world.  It can be better.  There is room to go.

Trump is not the path to better.  Either is Mueller.  Let's just move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site