Listen to the Universe

I believe in God and I have a very personal relationship with God.  My God doesn't require me to be public in my relationship and my God understands that he is not the only higher power and he respects those who chose to believe in other things.  One thing that my God and I understand is that I believe in Him and He believes is me.  There are many times when I don't want to bother him because I respect that he believes in me and wants to me to solve my own problems and he wants me to experience struggle and come out from in stronger. But, that doesn't mean that he is not providing guidance.  He sends messages to me through the universe.  And, not just to me.  The universe is very powerful and speaks to all of us.  I believe in the universe and I believe the universe is sending us signs all the time.

I love my sweetie very very much.

Today is Monday and is a statutory holiday.  It is actually meant to honour Queen Victoria.   But, it is a very important holiday to Canadians, particularly Manitobans.  This is the unofficial start of summer.  When I was growing up, the Drive-Inn opened on May long weekend. I am very positive that everyone has a May long weekend story.  I have several.  May long weekend is pretty epic.  However, I hope I quickly forget this May long weekend.  It has been pretty much an epic fail.

Remember how I said I love my sweetie very much?  Well, I truly do.  However, yesterday I was feeling like love is not enough and we are not going to be make it.  (Sorry, that sound you hear is the sound of clapping from some members of his family.)  And, that is why I don't think we will make it.  Yesterday, I was hurting in every blood vessel in my body.  Believe me, I would have rather been outside enjoying the beautiful weather but I was glued to my couch.  And, as much as I love my sweetie, he loves me more.  He cherishes me and tries his best to listen and understand.  Unfortunately, empathy was a life lesson than he never learned as a child.  He is trying to learn it now, but, of course, it is hard for old dogs to learn new tricks.  He tried really hard to listen yesterday and pledged to try and do things differently.  But, it is hard for both of us.

And, then the Jets were eliminated from the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  It was heart-breaking.  Was this the universe talking to me?

Happily, being heartbroken is very exhausting.  I was very fatigued at bed time and couldn't wait to retire.  As tired as I was, I spent most of the night awake.  This sleep thing is so annoying.  Was is sleep so elusive to me?   And, of course, there is my sweetie snoring as soon as he hits the pillow.  How can he sleep so soundly while I am still too heartbroken to sleep?

I tossed and turned for a long time and then got up for a few hours.  I fell asleep at aout 3:30 am and then awoke at 5:00 am to the sound of my sweetie being physically sick.  It continued for a long time and he looks quite awful.  My poor sweetie.  I feel bad for him.  This is not the first time it has happened.  He just gets physically ill for almost a day and then he sleeps away the remainder of the day.  Then, for some reason, the next day he sounds like he has laryngitis and he struggles to speak and his throat is sore.  He has been to his family doctor many times.  Well, it could be a touch of food poisoning (even though I ate the very same things); it could be an interaction of medication; it could be a missed medication; it could be a change in barometric pressure; or it could be anything else, but there doesn't seem to be a medical reason. 

I hate seeing my sweetie in pain, but, I also think he must listen to the universe.  The universe is trying to tell him something.  He hasn't figured it out yet, but, I have.  I have noticed this physical illness happens almost always the day after I am wrought with emotional pain.  Maybe not the very next day, but soon after.  And, it always seems to happen on a day off from work.  The universe is forcing him to pay attention to his body.  He needs to be still, he has some work to do, but that is between him and the universe. 

Meanwhile, the universe spoke to me this morning.  One of my sweetie's workers called him this morning.  Well, he is not supposed to call on his day off, but he does.  The universe is reminding me that my sweetie is a great guy and his workers feel comfortable in calling him.  I answered his phone.  His worker was not disappointed that I answered the phone, actually, he was really pleased.  We chatted for a couple of minutes.  I don't know his workers very well but they are always so nice to me and extend so much kindness to me.  That is the universe talking to me.  People that I value also value me.  I am valuable.  I tell the worker that my sweetie is sick and sleeping.  The worker pauses and then says, "it's important, please wake him."  I love that my sweetie's worker has the confidence to say that.  He has that confidence because he knows my sweetie will never be angry with him for interrupting him regardless of what he is doing.  That is the universe talking to me.  My sweetie is a man worth fighting for.  They talked for less than a minute and, of course, I wasn't listening to the conversation.  I was too busy listening to the universe. 

Last night, Kelly Clarkson hosted the American Music Awards.  She was asked to start the show with a moment of silence for the victims of the latest mass school shooting.  Kelly said she was just too tired of having moments of silence and she didn't want to do it anymore.  Instead, she called people to action.  She challenged people to action to make sure that mass shootings no longer existed.  The problem was that she didn't tell people what that action was supposed to be. 

Gun control is a very big issue and needs to be addressed.  The problem with trying to make progress on gun control is that both sides retreat to their extreme corners.  Even though both sides are yelling, they can not be heard (because they are both yelling) and because of the distance between them.  There might be some hope of progress if they both stayed in the middle and tried to find something they agreed upon and then tried to build upon that.  We may not be able to solve the issue but perhaps we can make some progress. 

There is no question that my everyday problems pale in comparison to the enormity of societal problems.  But, it basically has the same script.  Two sides retreat to the extreme and no one listens.  I think that when Kelly Clarkson was calling us to action, she was really calling us to listen to the universe.  If you listen, you will find something to do to make your corner of the world a little better.  Hopefully, it will be like dropping a pebble into a stream.  The ripples go on and on.  Maybe if you make your corner of the world a little better, it might inspire someone else to do the same, and so on, and so on, and so on.  At least that is the hope and it might be the only way for the world to be better for our next generation. 

Too simple?  Maybe.  Too sappy?  Perhaps.  However, the universe if the one thing that has outlived everything and is infinite.  That is pretty powerful.  It might not hurt to try. 

Listen to the universe.  There is wisdom waiting to guide you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site