Another Thing That Politicians Say That I Don't Like.....


When my son was born, everyone wondered where the red hair came from.  Our mail carrier had red hair but I really didn't think it was her.  There was no red hair in either of our families.  Then, my oldest sister reminded us that she was a red head.  Yes, but it came from a bottle and not her genetic make-up.  She literally had been dying her hair red for so long that she actually forgot it wasn't the colour she was born with.  

I know the feeling.  I have to look at baby pictures to remember my natural hair colour.  I been every shade of brunette, a peroxide blonde, and a strawberry blonde.  I have been onyx as opposed to having black hair.  I often put in some pink.  Purple has been present in my hair colour.  I have had some blue streaks and some green streaks, just not at the same time.  Right now, I am going through a red phase but I always pick a slightly different shade every time I colour.  Like most humans, I like to think I am capable of independent thought and those thoughts evolve.  

So, I think less of political candidates when they claim they have been a life-long Conservatives or life-long Liberals or life-long Marxists.  To me, that is a red flag that they are not independent thinkers.  It means that they were born into a family that had allegiance to a certain political party.  They didn't chose that party, the party chose them by default.  They did not come to support a set of political ideals, they adopted the ones of their parents.  They never questioned.  They never rebelled.  They just became life-long members of the party.  That is not a sign of strength, that is a sign of weakness. How can you possibly defend your party to someone else if you have never strayed and learned to defend your party to yourself?  

I think everyone is a fan of Lady Gaga.  She is awesome and authentic.  When she sang, "Born This Way", she was referring to sexual identity and not political affiliation.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site