Gillam Manhunt?

I can't imagine what it would be like living in the Gillam area right now.  It must seem like a police state, but, if we are to believe the news, the residents are actually comforted by the presence.  I don't necessarily believe in the accuracy of the media anymore.  Not that I think that they are out to deceive us, but, I think they are under tremendous pressure these days.  With 24 news networks, they find themselves in a constant pressure cooker to find new details to keep stories going.  If a reporter talks to two people who say they are reassured by the police presence, they are not lying when they residents are comforted.  I am older and less trusting.  I don't think I would find any comfort in living with that much fire power around.  Too many things can go wrong. 

The man-hunt has been going on for almost a week.  But, it really isn't a man-hunt, it is a hunt for two teenage boys.  Teenagers have a feeling of mastery that doesn't define us as adults.  As adults, we have come to learn that shit does happen and it is often out of our control.  Teenagers believe in mastery in the sense that they control their world.  They are self-centered and live in the moment.  Think back to some of the crazy things you did as an adolescent.  You probably can't even imagine doing some of the things you did and you wonder how you had so much guts.  Well, you really didn't, you had fake confidence and a feeling of mastery. 

That is why I'm a little baffled why they haven't been caught yet.  They are not criminal masterminds.  I am sure they are making things up as they go along.  There has to be some clues in their digital footprints  If they are teenagers, they must have cell phones with them. I watched a show on Netflix a couple of weeks ago and there was a scene with a landmark in Bristoll, England.  I tried to find the landmark and couldn't and gave up.  Ever since then, I have been getting emails related to Bristoll.  Flights.  Hotels.  Attractions.  Big Brother is everywhere. 

How could these two fugitives get from BC to Gillam?  It is doubtful they just picked a place at random.  They must know someone there.

A former police officer was interviewed today about the investigation.  She said that the reason the police have not caught them because they are unaware of the plan of the criminals.  I've seen their images in the media.  They don't strike me as criminal masterminds that are capable of planning and out playing our national police force. 

If indeed they are, then we all have reason to be very frightened and not to be reassured by a large police presence. 

Comments

  1. Manhunt continues in Gillam. I also tend to believe they are long gone, but so many questions. How did they get there so quickly? Why that area? Can you imagine how much overtime/day is caused by this search. The ripple effects are very big and makes people lose confidence in a police force.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site