Fletcher Forum Review

Steven had a public forum last evening.  I had intentions of going but I have got a nasty case of deep depression that has set in.  My partner attended.  It was supposed to be a forum to discuss something that he feels is wrong.  I'm not going to mention what he thinks is wrong.  I am tired of associating something so positive with a man so negative. 

Regardless, that wasn't what it really was about.  It was about him.  He is running in the upcoming federal election.  First of all, I don't think he is showing ethical behavior in regards to his campaign.  He is using the slogan "re-elect Steven Fletcher" implying he is the incumbent when he is not, although he did hold the seat for the Conservatives at one time.  And, he is running under the banner of a make-belief party.  I really think I should report him to the Ombudsman. 

Every candidate running for political office must obtain a certain amount of signatures nominating the candidate to run.  The bar is usually quite low.  Fletcher was using a "public forum" as an opportunity to get signatures for his nomination.  For those of you who don't appreciate the correlation, this means the campaign is off to a slow start.  He needs a bait and switch meeting to seek signatures.  Again, I should report him to the Provincial Auditor. 

He also deceived the audience into believing he could still have an influence on something that is already happening if he was elected MP.  It is an impossibility.  I feel like I should report him to the Elections Canada Ethics Officer. 

I feel sorry for the few that he is deceiving.  I feel like I should report him to the Seniors Advocate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site