Epstein Injured and Other American News

Tiny happy things.  Yes, those are some of mine.  One of my current favorite things is putting my grandson down for a nap and laying with him until he falls asleep.  What usually happens is that I end up trapped under a sleeping Ollie.  I could probably get out if I wanted but it makes me enormously happy just watching my angel sleep.  There are things all around you that can make you happy. 

Keeping up with American politics is not one of them.  I used to blog about Trump and his inconsistencies and him being out of touch with reality.  No one was interested and I was becoming an angry depressed person.  It is unbelievable that an evil lying megalomaniac tyrant has his fingers literally on bombs that could change the world in an instant.  Then, of course, there is Kim Jong Un. 

I still find it hard to believe that he was elected President and am in total denial that he likely will be re-elected.  So, I just try not to think about it.  However, I am also an optimist.  I still have hope that American politics will still show some dignity. 

Let's review this week.  Two police officers from a suburb in New Orleans were fired after one posted on facebook that NY Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should be shot and the other for liking the post.  What would possibly provoke two police officers in Louisiana to publicly post something about a newly elected Congressman.  AOC has so much power because people give her power.  They are actually giving her more power.  This doesn't make her want to hide.  This energizes her. 

However, you have a police officer suggesting that a Congresswoman should be shot.  I don't know.  I am going out on a limb here, but, perhaps, maybe you have a gun control problem. 

Yesterday, Mueller appeared before the Judiciary Committee, whatever that means.  I don't know why I tuned in.  Again, I guess I still have hope.  I don't know what was supposed to happen, but I saw a lot of people auditioning for Academy Awards.  People didn't ask questions.  They gave speeches trying to get the magic 15 second sound bite that would make the national news.  Meuller gave them nothing other than the message that they should read the entire report and draw their own conclusions. 

My biggest disappointment is that SNL is off for the summer.  They would have done very well with this. 

This morning the breaking news is that Jeffrey Epstein was injured when he was found in his cell. There is no official word on the injury, which might have been an attempt to harm himself, or might be something else.  Officials are investigating.  I don't know what the point of making this breaking news is.  Are we supposed to feel some sympathy for him?  Also, the news reports make it look like he is a lonely cell like we see on tv with no access to anything and a small slit which they slide the meals in.  That is not the case.  First of all, the judge felt that Epstein was a flight risk because he owns a private jet, had $70,000 in cash on him, and a fake Austrian passport on him. Good for the Judge for making that call.  I'm sure it was a tough ruling.  Regardless, he remanded Epstein until trial and did not grant him bail.  Remand, apparently means something different for the poor and the rich.  The poor get Riker's Island.  The rich get an ankle bracelet and house arrest.  In his case, he owns a mansion that rivals Mar-a-Largo resort.  It is hard to feel that he is being punished when he has more servants waiting on him than police officers stationed outside.  Why is this breaking news?  Again, breaking news is when something actually happens.  I have no concern when a creep that should never see the light of day sustains an injury that does not require medical attention. 

So, that is American politics.  Depressing.  Undignified.  People are comparing newly elected Boris Johnson to Trump.  Apparently, it is more than just their hair that defies logic that they have in common.  Apparently, Johnson is going to make Great Britain great again. 

Deep sigh.  The Winnipeg Free Press told me today that 19,000 people were refused service by Liquor stores for being intoxicated.  Well, if you have people following US politics, that number will likely increase.  I know I feel like a drink. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site