Something Happened - Part 2

Something happened this last week and culminated yesterday.  I am just an insignificant blogger about social justice.  I am a social justice warrior and I am passionate about this.  In order to make points, I use personal stories to illustrate my points.  I do this deliberately to show how we can all be social justice warriors and that social justice affects all of our lives, and I believe we all have a responsibility to act responsibly and play our part. 

Even though, I am an insignificant blogger, sometimes, I feel like a politician.  People disagree with my perspective all the time.  I don't mind that.  I think there should be more people expressing divergent views.  We need more discussion of ideas without personal attacks.  We need to learn to disagree but still respect each other.  We need to understand how people arrive at the journey of their thoughts.  Understanding leads to common ground and respect.  Sometimes, these disagreements come out of left field so to speak and surprise me. 

Last year, I experienced cyber-bullying, and I survived and it wasn't that bad.  I learned things from that experience.  I strengthened my resolve on the issue that caused me to be bullied.  I learned that there are some causes that are worth feeling uncomfortable about.  I was bullied because of my support of the Bruce Oake Recovery Centre to be located at the old Vimy Arena site. Again, I am just an insignificant blogger and I was bullied, I can't imagine what it would have been like for people closer to the project.  The grace and light shown by Darcy, Ann, and Scott has been inspiring.  The tactics used by those opposed have been hard to understand.  When BORC finally passed its last hurdle, the friends of BORC immediately wanted to reach out to those opposed to try and heal the bad feelings.  How can you not be proud of such a group.  Unfortunately, those opposed still won't give up the fight and there is another community forum this week.  I have to admit, I am curious to see how many will attend.  When will those opposed realize that they are being "used" by their spokesperson to keep his name in the media. 

However, there is also a small group of people who troll my blog under false names.  They do so to monitor my personal stories and to make sure I don't make any reference to them.  For a group that calls my blog "derivative" and "poorly written", they certainly spend a lot of time analyzing my every word. 

So, something did happen in my personal life yesterday.  I wasn't assaulted.  But, I knew they would be monitoring my blog to see what I would say about it.  They think I am scared of them.  They threaten legal action.  They think I am critical of them.  Actually, I have learned when you are critical of people, you usually give them more energy than they deserve.  I give them very little thought because they are insignificant to me.  I know they think they are very insignificant to the world, but, they aren't significant to me.  They think I owe them because they think they have been kind to me in the past.  We have different definitions of kindness.  Regardless, when I am kind to others, I don't have any expectation of return.  I always keep a stack of completed McDonald's coffee cards available so I can give to those asking for money at intersections.  I literally never carry money with me, but atleast I can give them a hot cup of coffee.  I don't put a string to that small insignificant gift and go back to them and tell them that they owe me.  Same with this group of people, I am grateful for what these perfect people have given me. But, I don't feel I owe them anything in return.  No one put a gun to their head and ordered them to buy me dinner.  I am grateful but if I was aware that strings were attached, I wouldn't have accepted. 

Regardless, I am very aware that I am not everyone's cup of tea.  And, that's ok.  Sometimes, people don't get along.  But, I am blessed.  I am some people's cup of tea and I cherish my friendships.  My life is full.  I wish nothing but the best to the perfect people whose lives are equally full.  I wish to emphasize that they are perfect and I am deeply flawed.  As for my blog, you have nothing to worry about.  I don't blame you for anything.  I think you are perfect.  Just not perfect for me, as I am deeply flawed.  Enjoy your life of perfection.  I am not jealous nor am I am envious.  I just wish to live my life without interference.  I will continue to blog but I will never be critical of this group.  Nothing to see here.  Time to move on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site