And the beat goes on......

Today, secret documents were leaked alleging Jody Wilson-Raybould's 5 demands of the Prime Minister's Office for her to remain in caucus.  One of those alleged demands was that SNC Lavalin face criminal prosecution.  The problem with this is this would be interfering with the Chief Prosecutor and putting political interference in this matter.  This was the very thing JWR said she wouldn't do.  It was clear that her demands could never be met by the Prime Minister.  There is more information coming every day.  We may never know the truth. 

However, I am still maintaining respect for the dignity and integrity of Jane Philpott.  It was clear on her CBC radio interview that she didn't things would go this far.  She wishes everyone well and has no ill will to the Prime Minister and wishes him well.  She will go on. 

As for everyone else, I think they need to go back to a leadership 101 course.  Yesterday, I was not the best version of myself.  I bickered with someone and apparently was passive aggressive.  I may not agree with that, but I also know I was not the best version of myself.  We all have days like that, including our human politicians.  We don't expect them to be perfect.  But, we do expect them to say, "I wasn't the best version of my self, this is what happened, and this is what I wished would have happened." 

Simple leadership lessons.  Tell the truth.  We can handle it.  We can forgive.  We can move on. 

It wasn't Watergate that brought Nixon down.  It was the cover-up.  No one needed to go down on this one, the truth would have been easier to handle from the beginning.  The cover up and the back-peddling are not re-assuring, they are making us more skeptical. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site