Monday's Truth Stranger Than Fiction

That is me waking up to the light falling snow.  I have been having some pretty strange dreams lately so I might be dreaming again.  Nope, I am awake and it is April 29 and it is snowing. 

As I still asleep and trying to make sense of the world, I turn to social media.  Apparently, GOT (Game of Thrones) fans watched an incredible episode last night.  I take it that it wasn't just a normal episode, it was one that their fans were looking forward to, betting on, and watching in groups.  I've never watched an episode.  I feel like I am missing out on something great.  The twitterverse is rehashing parts and it seems like it is going to be discussed for a while. 

Meanwhile, yesterday, I didn't have any access to the remote control of my tv.  (It was across the room and it would have meant that \I would have to walk 5 steps to get it.)  So, somehow I ended up watching Trump at some rally where he went off script.  It is difficult to watch.  He says the most outrageous things that no one else would get away with, yet, somehow he is President.  The blue collar billionaire.  Rolling Stone magazine has gotten it right.  They say watching Trump sucks out any desire you have to go on living.  Yeah, that is it.  There already is some debate in the medical field whether to add Trump Derangement Syndrome as an actual diagnosis.  It affects people on both sides of the debate. 

Canadian politics is getting stranger.  Justin Trudeau seems to be digging a bigger hole for himself every time he makes an appearance.  He and his son tried to help sandbaggers in the Quebec flood and were accused of holding up efforts for a photo opportunity.  The organizers denied this.  People note that he never went to Fort McMurray to visit and are claiming he doesn't care about the West.  It is likely true. 

Columnist Warren Kinsella is/was a Libertal strategist for decades and a loyal soldier for the Liberal army.  He really doesn't like Trudeau.  Actually, he has said that he f*ing hates his guts.  I keep reading looking for the basis of this and can't find it.  One of my relatives keeps posting unflattering cartoons about Trudeau.  That is the only serious thing he posts.  \Other than that, it is pretty much wine and roses.  I just wonder why he dislikes Trudeau so much.  One of my facebook friends wrote a very long passionate post about why she is no longer going to be supporting the Liberal party with her monthly donation.  I could see in every word how much anguish this decision brought to her.  I know what it is like to be disillusioned by a hero.  It sounded like she knew that pain. 

The country seems to be turning bluer if the last provincial elections mean anything.  Jason Kenney ran a good campaign in Alberta focusing on a simple message of restoring jobs.  Not that I live in Alberta, but I was sad for Rachel.  But, I didn't think Kenney would be as ridiculous as Ford, for example.  Then, I read that Steven Fletcher thinks Jason Kenney is the best politician in Canada.  Now, I'm worried. 

I'm worried and I'm perplexed and trying to make sense out of this world.  Meanwhile, everyone in my world will likely be discussing Game of Thrones and I won't understand any of it.  They will be enjoying every minute discussing scene by scene.  I will be an outsider but I probably will understand a little by the end of today. 

Truth is stranger than fiction because I will have a better understanding of a fictional tv show than I will of actual reality.  Peace out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site