Shout out to one of my favorite Teachers


"You don't mention me enough in your blog," she complained.  That would be the same blog that she claims to never read.  But, she is right, I don't give her enough "shout-outs" in my blog.  (Even though one of my most successful entries of all time was about her:  Mommies think; Grandmas know." )  Anyway, mothers and daughters.  I love her with all of my heart and soul.  She says she loves me, but we do bicker.  But, it's ok.  I know she does love me, she has promised to take care of me when I'm old.  That thought alone will motivate me to stay healthy !!

Seriously, she is more than my baby.  She has been my greatest teacher.  She has always lived life on her terms and it started from the bottom she arrived.  Her older brother's birth was dramatic and lengthy.  Hers not so much.

I woke up at 5:10 am in full labour.  I woke my husband and told him we had to start timing the contractions and going to the hospital when they were five minutes apart.  Well, we couldn't really time how far apart they were because they never stopped.  We arrived at the hospital at 6:15 am after a quick shower.  I have a high pain threshold so I certainly felt the contractions but didn't make a sound.  The nurse put on the fetal monitor and asked me to tell her when I was having a contraction and when I said "now", she indicated that she missed the first one and asked me to tell her when the next one was happening.  Now.  She said, "love, you are not in labour, I am going to send you home, but I will check you just to make sure."  The nurse started yelling.  "The baby's head is right here."  The nurse told me not to push until the doctor arrived.  I didn't push, but, with one plop, Kelsey Gillian Mae entered the world at 6:36 am.  She came when she wanted to and she didn't care that the doctor wasn't there.  I didn't push once for her to come out of me, I had to push and push to get the placenta out.  Live life on your own terms.  That is what she has taught me.  It is your life, live it your way.  Easy to say, harder to do.  She does that.  

Be confident.  Be bold.  She has always been confident.  She found kindergarten very stressful.  She said it was stressful because everyone thought she was the smartest, most beautiful girl in the class.  She felt it wasn't fair that she was under so much stress from the other kids because everyone had their gifts and no one was better than anyone.  I appreciated that wisdom but I also wanted to know why all the kids thought she was the smartest.  "Well, mommy," she said, "it is because I've told them all that."  

There is always reason to laugh.  She has taught me that.  She has always taught me to be kind.  For some reason, she has always been kind and that has made me very proud of her always.  She is kind and compassionate.  I have been very blessed.  

When things look bleak, there is always options.  Time and time again, when I think she is up against some challenges, she finds a way to conquer.  She is amazing.  She makes me cheer and to never give up.  
She continues to teach me lessons about life every day.  Most recently, she has taught me that I am not deaf.  I guess when you love someone, you can disagree when them freely.  We must love each other very much because we disagree.  When we disagree, she raises her voice to enhance her points.  So, I am confident that I have no loss of hearing.  Thank you, darling.  

Seriously, the best young woman I know.  I love her to pieces and wish I was more like her.  

And, now, I can relax.  I was ordered to have this "shout out" done by first thing this morning.  I don't know what the consequence of not complying would be, but I didn't want to take a chance, so I figured I would get this done now so I could have the evening off.  That is another thing she taught me.  If you are amazing, you have powers beyond what you realize.  You just somehow get shit done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my saddest days in Winnipeg

There's Something from Jenny - Part 2

Seriously? Opposition to BORC opening at old Vimy Arena Site